Ellis: Four Months Old

Ellis James, baby update - four months | My Darling Days

Time sure is flying by with our little ham, just like we knew it would.  In fact, I'm a week late in posting his 4 month update... not because I forgot, but because life with a baby is busy!  Welcome to motherhood, right?

Ellis James, baby update - four months | My Darling Days

Our boy is growing, growing, growing!  Ellis is currently in 6 month clothing and size 2 diapers.

His thighs are deliciously chubby.
His wrist rolls make me swoon.
And his double chin is the cutest.  
I am literally obsessed with every single part of him.

Ellis James, baby update - four months | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - four months | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - four months | My Darling Days

He's getting his own little personality and has definitely found his voice!  He babbles non-stop, and it's about the best thing ever.  There is something so enchanting about baby babbles, am I right?!

Ellis James, baby update - four months | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - four months | My Darling Days

I'm happy to report that he's been giving us a pretty consistent 7-9 hours of sleep these last few weeks! (!!!!)  He's usually in bed between 8-9:00 pm and wakes between 4-6:00 am.  Ellis is definitely an early riser & loves mornings, just like his daddy :)  But he's a restless sleeper like his momma... he is ALL over the place in his crib throughout the night, and often gets his limbs stuck in between the crib slats.  By morning, his head is usually where his feet were when I laid him down the night before.

Ellis James, baby update - four months | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - four months | My Darling Days

He learned to roll-over this past month -- from back to belly.  He usually gets stuck on his belly, but has rolled to his back a few times.

Ellis James, baby update - four months | My Darling Days

He's very expressive with his eyebrows these days, too.

Ellis James, baby update - four months | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - four months | My Darling Days

Also, he has GOT to be teething... he's drooling like crazy & puts everything in his mouth (which I hate, but it's impossible to stop).  He sometimes takes a nuk, sometimes not.  It's really hit or miss.

Ellis James, baby update - four months | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - four months | My Darling Days

Litle Ellis had a blocked tear duct in his left eye, but it appears to have cleared on it's own.  He is still spitting up pretty often too, even on Baby Zantac.  He's a happy spitter though; it doesn't seem to bother him.  It just makes for a lot of laundry for mom!

Ellis James, baby update - four months | My Darling Days

He's also proving to have very sensitive skin.  He gets diaper rash easily and broke out with a rash on his cheek from Grandma Char kissing him with lipstick on. Perfumes also irritate his skin so we have to be careful when he gets passed around at parties & family gatherings... the next day, he's usually got a rash.  Poor kid.

Ellis James, baby update - four months | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - four months | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - four months | My Darling Days

Ellis loves to play with his rattles and really enjoys this play mat that my mom & dad got him.   He is usually pretty content playing on his own, but he LOVES to be talked to.  We read books often and he's starting to grab at the pages and help me "hold" the book.  It's precious!

Ellis James, baby update - four months | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - four months | My Darling Days

Things I love about Ellis this month:
- His big, open mouth smiles
- That he's sleeping through the night more often than not
- The way he fidgets with this little hands when we nurse
- Listening to him "talk"
- The way he giggles when you kiss his neck and sides of his belly
- How he kicks up his legs & rubs his feet together when you change his diaper

Ellis James, baby update - four months | My Darling Days

We are having so much fun with him lately...  I just adore being his momma.  I often pinch myself and think how did I get so lucky?  We love you so so much little Ellis James!

No comments:

Post a Comment